Following surgery you have one goal in mind, whether you are a surgeon or nurse caring for one of your patients or you are a patient yourself – and that is fast, comfortable healing.
The good news is that wearing RECO BRA® 24 hours a day for the standard six week rehabilitation period should make your healing quicker and easier. Whether you are recovering from breast cancer surgery, cosmetic surgery or heart cardio thoracic surgery; it is possible to experience greater comfort and pain management with the use of a post-operative bra like the RECO BRA®.
Heart or Thoracic Surgery
The RECO BRA® has been designed to be worn immediately after heart or thoracic surgery, providing support for the patient’s breasts and the surgical incision. Comfort and pain management with the use of a post-surgical device is very important for the recovery of a patient who has been through heart surgery, as it helps to get patients back to normal life following any surgical procedures.
Wearing a medical device such as RECO BRA® will also help with a quicker return to pre-operative respiratory function. When pain levels are reduced for patients, they are more likely to exercise their lungs. Recovery for a patient who has been through thoracic surgery becomes very important, as it is a way to get back to normal life following the procedure.
RECO BRA® provides comfort which in turn helps patients follow their surgeon’s advice and this means they are more willing and able to comply, therefore maximising the healing process.
The benefits of RECO BRA® include:
- Stabilises a patient’s breasts to protect the surgical incision
- The MaedicalTM technology is key in lowering the risk of infection
- Helps to reduce the incidence of dehiscence (wound rupture) during the healing process
- Front fastening helps to hold the patient’s breasts together thus reducing tension on new scar formation
- Provides comfort to aid pain reduction with its seamless design and flexible stretch fabric
- Helps to accelerate healing
- Helps patients to return to daily life routines faster
- Reduces post-operative oedema (swelling)
- Facilitates wound inspections and dressing changes with its fully openable shoulder straps
Please seek the advice of your surgeon, nurse, GP or A&E department if you experience any of the following:
- Redness or if the wound site appears inflamed
- Heat or excess swelling
- Changes to the incision or an increase in pain
- Pus or discharge that is either clear or coloured
- An unpleasant odour coming from the wound, or a new opening to the wound
- Wound irritation or discomfort.
Always follow the professional advice given at all times throughout your recovery. Please also make sure the fitting size chart is used; this is located in the purchase area and is also located on the back of the packaging. Please note that this is a non-returnable item for health and hygiene reasons. Please see our returns policy and full terms and conditions.